Since a lot of you might not know me very well yet (new BLOG, new INSTAGRAM. whoa!!!), I thought it was time to do a Friday Introductions post! I’ve never done one of these before but we will see what happens! Here we go…
1. I live just outside of Columbus OH and have been here with my fantastic husband Josh for about a year and a half. We moved here primarily because our church decided my husband would be a great person to hire to be in charge of music/worship/tech! But Columbus was also appealing because at the time I was planning on going to grad school to become a dietitian and OSU has a great program! Well, Josh is still working at the church, but grad school didn’t pan out… and now we are BOTH running small businesses! Didn’t see that coming! Our dream is to work the majority of our weddings together… so if you’re on the hunt for a photographer & DJ, give us a call!
2. Josh and I have two puppies, Duke and Ellee. They are not really puppies anymore, but it sounds cuter to say you have two puppies than two dogs… and they act CRAZY, just like puppies. They are fairly obedient and very well-behaved (no biting here!), but with the energy of about six dogs packed into two. They say that dogs are great practice for kids, but I don’t know… I think I’d get in trouble for putting my kid in a crate if they got too rowdy!
3. I have a severe coffee obsession. Not addiction – more like obsession. I limit my intake to avoid all that nasty stuff like caffeine headaches and energy crashes, but I love coffee & all other coffee drinks so much that if I haven’t had my “morning coffee”, I get grumpy because I just want it THAT BAD. Is it a problem? Maybe. Is it delicious. Definitely.
4. Have you ever met one of those people who is just severely indecisive for no reason? If you’ve met me, you definitely have… but you may not have known it! Thankfully I’ve learned how to make important decisions and stick up for the things that actually DO matter to me… but all those little decisions, like favorites? I’m horrible with those. Favorite food? Ummm, brownieschocolatefriedchickenc
5. I have been so blown away by the support available for new small business owners and photographers looking to network. If you haven’t heard of the Rising Tide Society, check them out NOW. They offer so many resources and chances for community for those of us who work from home much of the time, and they are also so encouraging! When I visit their blog, I feel like I’m reading a post that a friend wrote instead of some girl in Baltimore I’ve never met. I also have a mentoring session set up with Kari from the amazing KariMe Photography in a few months and can’t wait! We’ve never met in person but she’s always popping up on my news feed because she’s done portraits & weddings of so many friends of mine. If you’re toying with the idea of starting your own business or are looking for more community partners within your network, send me an email! I’d love to meet over coffee (obviously) and get to know you!
Well, that about wraps it up! If anything I said resonated with you, leave a comment below! Let’s connect 🙂 #communityovercompetition